Xiaomi-backed Tongshifu funds $44mn in series B round led by Cathay Capital
The China-based online copper crafts platform, Tongshifu, has announced that it has funded a RMB310mn ($44mn) series B round headed up by Cathay Capital, China Money Network reports.
It was revealed that GX Capital, Yunmu Capital and existing investors such as Shunwei Capital and Xiaomi Ventures took part in the round.
After being established in 2013, Tongshifu has operated under Hangzhour Xi Craftsman Cultural Creative and creates and designs original brass crafts, including gold-process, painting and clay sculpture.
Duan Lanchun, managing partner of Cathay Capital, said: “The pursuit of quality of life for China’s young generation is growing. The demand represented by the beautification of home environment is gradually increasing.”
- Nissan set to spend $900mn to boost production capabilities by 40% by 2021
- Gaw Capital Partners confirms purchase of Australia’s Bell City for $113mn
- Anand Stanley confirmed as new President and Managing Director of Airbus India
“However, the high-quality home decoration brands are still scarce in the market, which is both a pain point for the industry and an opportunity for enterprises.”
It is anticipated that all funds raised from the round will be utilised in increasing production scale, cooperating with Xiaomi-affiliated companies to expand product lines, as well as enhancing internal management.
Cheng Tian, partner at Shunwei Capital, said: “Tongshifu solves the contradiction between design value added and mass production created by combining art and business, and has accumulated excellent reputation among users.”
In 2017, the firm raised RMB110mn ($16mn) in a series A round which was fronted by Shunwei Capital and Xiaomi Ventures.
- Billionaire trends Asia – India surges, Hong Kong sees fallLeadership & Strategy
- 7 ways the spending habits of HNWIs in Asia are changingLeadership & Strategy
- Seven ways Asia is embracing the nascent metaverse industryTechnology
- Asia is world’s most expensive continent, with Hong Kong topLeadership & Strategy