Qantas to Launch New Ad Campaign
Qantas is rebranding itself as the “Spirit of Australians” – emphasis on the added ‘ns’.
In an effort to regain passengers, the airline is launching a multimillion dollar advertising campaign with the tagline “You’re the reason we fly.”
“Over the next two weeks, we’re asking Australians to upload their photo and name via qantas.com/you or by using a specially developed mobile phone or Facebook app,” said Qantas Executive Manager Marketing Lewis Pullen to the Australian Business Traveller.
SEE RELATED STORIES FROM THE WDM RETAIL CONTENT NETWORK:
- 'Qantas Could Go Under,' says CEO Joyce
- Qantas Splits International and Domestic Operations
- Qantas Cuts 500 Engineers from Victorian Airports
- Qantas Announces 500 Job Cuts, Dropped Profits
If you’ve ever had the desire to see your name emblazoned on the side of an Airbus A380 or a Boeing 737, this is the marketing push for you. The site may also be accessed via an iPhone/iPad and Android app.
Kiosks at select Westfield shopping centres will also feature hair, makeup and professional photography services:
- Chatswood, 5-8 July
- Bondi Junction, 12-15 July
- Doncaster, 12-15 July
According to the Australian Business Traveller, Qantas is hoping to get around 1,600 names on the A380.
The social media-driven marketing strategy is coming at a crucial time for the Australian airline: according to the latest Yields data, Qantas saw a 0.8 per cent decline in monthly international travel and a 1.3 per cent drop in its monthly domestic operations.
- What the Australia-Singapore FinTech Bridge Agreement meansTechnology
- Twitter timeline – how Musk pulled off a hostile takeoverLeadership & Strategy
- Australian startup Zoomo taps top Silicon Valley talentLeadership & Strategy
- Banks, big tech top workplaces to grow career in AustraliaHuman Capital