Leighton Properties sells record-breaking tower
One of Australia’s leading property development companies has set a new record for a building sale outside the Brisbane CBD.
Leighton Properties has sold their HQ North Tower in Brisbane’s inner-city suburb of Fortitude Valley for $186 million. According to Managing Director Mark Gray, it is the largest office transaction outside the city of Brisbane in the state’s history.
SEE RELATED STORIES FROM THE WDM CONTENT NETWORK:
- The Top Five Wealthiest Industries in Australia
- Leighton Asia Discusses the Project with LNS that is Set to Provide Millions of People in Hong Kong with Cleaner Water
“This sale reflects the underlying strength of the Valley office market and the quality of the tower’s award-winning, sustainable design undertaken by Leighton Properties in conjunction with Leighton Contractors,” Gray said in a media release.
The 6-star Green Star building contains 28,000sqm of office space and features ground floor retail space. It has been honoured this year with awards from the Urban Taskforce of Australia, Brisbane Lord Mayor’s Sustainability in Business, and UDIA QLD Boral Awards for Excellence.
“The sale further reinforces Fortitude Valley as the premier location for investment in Brisbane outside of the CBD,” said CBRE’s Bruce Baker, who co-negotiated the deal. “It also demonstrates the value of high quality assets with first rate sustainability measures.”
Leighton Properties and Leighton Contractors are both headquartered in Queensland’s HQ South Tower.
- China imposes restrictions on high-rise constructionLeadership & Strategy
- MYCRANE expands into Gulf and Central AsiaLeadership & Strategy
- Infrastructure Australian announces plan for 2021 reformLeadership & Strategy
- Australia’s Lendlease announces US$600mn Data Centre ProjectDigital Strategy